modified from Rebar Modern Food cookbook
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup coffee
3/4 cup almond milk
(soy or cow's milk is fine, as well)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped, optional
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease a 9x9" pan and line with parchment paper.
2. In large bowl, sift flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and powder, and salt.
3. In separate medium bowl, combine coffee, milk, and oil.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir with spatula until just combined, adding walnuts at the end. Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle chocolate chips on on top.
5. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from the center. Cool on rack and enjoy!